1. Can I fit my older Primo Viaggio SIP 30/30 with one of the new fabrics? Yes! The Primo Viaggio has only changed slightly over the past few years, so the older models are still compatible with the newer fabrics. And many times, putting a new cover on your car seat makes it seem brand new! (Plus, it can help when transitioning from having a boy to having a girl or vice versa). Covers can be ordered through Customer Service.
2. Will my old Primo Viaggio SIP infant car seat fit with one of the new LATCH system bases? Yes! All older Primo Viaggio SIP car seats are compatible with our 2011 LATCH system bases. And reversely, all older SIP LATCH system bases are compatible with our 2011 Primo Viaggio infant car seats.
3. Can the Primo Viaggio forward-face? Why is rear-facing important? The Primo Viaggio SIP 30/30 is a rear-facing only car seat. This is because it is designed for use with infants. Crash tests have shown that babies are more likely to be protected in the event of an accident if they are rear-facing. Because of this, many car seat experts encourage parents to keep children rear-facing for as long as possible. But the general rule is that a baby should rear-face for the first year of his life.
If you’re looking for a car seat that can convert from rear-facing to forward-facing, then you’d be interested in our Primo Viaggio Convertible car seat coming this summer!
4. I already have a car seat. Why buy a new one? Weather, usage and time can affect the strength of the plastics used in making a car seat. In the event of an accident, an older seat may not be able to perform as it was designed. This is why car seat manufacturers adhere to a strict expiration policy. For Peg Perego, our car seats and bases expire 5 years after the MFG date. Once a seat has reached that point, we advise that it be properly discarded and replaced with a new seat.
5. How do I know if the base system will fit in my car? Our LATCH system base will fit in most cars thanks to the LATCH connectors that attach to the lower LATCH brackets built into most newer vehicles.
However, if your backseat not have these brackets, or if the seat is structured in a way that causes the LATCH system base to be unstable, the Primo Viaggio car seat may also be installed using a seat belt. Please check your Instruction Manual for installation information.
Car-seat.org is a great resource for shopping, installing and using your car seat!